Backend/Frontend full-stack developer
Blendr.io is an innovative data integration platform for sales & marketing, including a Unified API, widgets, dashboards and our email extension MailMine.io, in which we apply NLP (natural language processing) and machine learning. Blendr.io’s architecture is a distributed agent-based system.
After the initial R&D phase and raising first funding of the past few months, we are now rolling out our product, and we are building a core technical team inside Blendr.io with motivated people, true team players, to go from 5 to 10 people.
As a full stack developer, you will work on all parts of the Blendr.io platform, including the development of our front-end and back-end, API’s, business logic, machine learning algorithms, data processing services in a distributed system etc.
Join us as part of the initial team and contribute to technology choices, new functionality and international growth! Make sure to come and see us learn more. Our offices are located in iHub, in the center of Ghent, walking distance from the central Vrijdagmarkt.
- 80% Back-end / 20% Front-end (or different, depending on your skills, preferences)
- Back-end development in PHP with Laravel
- Front-end development in JS (Vue.js, webpack), HTML, CSS, etc.
- Implementation of machine learning and NLP (natural language processing) algorithms with Python, NLTK, Scikit Learn, Spark
- Code reviews of off-shore developers and junior team members
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the platform
- Dev ops: manage our AWS infrastructure (EC2, Docker, RDS, ElastiCache, etc)
- Manage your project in JIRA based on 2-weekly sprints
Your experience and requirements
- Back-end skills: PHP experience, preferably also Laravel experience
- Python experience not required but an asset
- Front-end skills: JS (Vue.js, webpack), HTML, CSS
- In general: good understanding of REST API’s, JSON, HTTPS etc.
- Proficient in MySQL and SQL queries
- Proficient in using Git
- Experience with Solr, NoSQL DB’s, Redis, Spark, machine learning and NLP is an asset
- You are motivated, pro-active, you have eyes for details, software development is what you do day and night
What we offer
Attractive salary plus:
- Groups insurance
- Internet at home
- Company car
- Stock options (for senior profiles)
- Laptop, smartphone and subscription